Date and Time of Meeting: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:00 AM
Location of Meeting: 200 NW 5th Street, Okeechobee, FL 34972
I. Supervisor Corona called the November 14, 2018 meeting to order at 8:01am.
II. Roll Call, establish quorum
BOARD of SUPERVISORS:
☒ Mariano Corona, Chairman
☐ Glynn Rutledge, Secretary-Treasurer
☐ Douglas Burnham, Supervisor
☒ Don Sellers, Jr., Supervisor
☒ Nicki Smith, Supervisor
III. Motion to approve the October 12, 2018 Board Minutes (Smith/Sellers). Unanimous.
IV. Motion to approve the Financial Report- Fiscal Year-to-Date (Smith/Sellers). Unanimous.
V. Staff Reports
1. OSWCD- Ms. Kuipers gave updates on all Board programs and functions.
2. NRCS- Mr. Howard Harrison gave updates on EQIP proram deadlines (Nov. 2- initiatives & Dec. 21Regular), as well as other program & staff updates.
3. FDACS- Ms. Mikayla Allison and Ashley Avant gave Technician updates and discussed BMP enrollment focuses.
VI. Unfinished Busines- none
VII. New Business
1. Motion to offer shared lease space to Batton Consulting Services LLC for $500/month on month-to-month basis for one year (Smith/Sellers) Unanimous.
2. Motion to approve a Cost of Living Adjusments at 2.8% starting January 1, 2019 (Sellers/Smith). Unanimous.
3. Motion to approve the FY 18 Final Budget and adopt FY 19 Proposed Budget with changes to rent income and payroll expenses based on Agenda Items VII.1 and VII.2 (Sellers/Smith). Unanimous.
4. Motion to approve the FY 19 Board of Supervisor Meeting Dates with amendments and time change to 1pm.
VIII. Upcoming Events
1. Farm City Day Luncheon- KOA Thursday, November 15
2. Okeechobee County AgVenture- Agri-Civic Center-Wed/Thurs December 12 &13
IX. Adjournment at 9:15am.