Date and Time of Meeting: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:00 PM
Location of Meeting: 200 NW 5th Street, Okeechobee, FL 34972
I. Supervisor Corona called the meeting to order at 1:05pm
II. Roll Call, establish quorum
BOARD of SUPERVISORS:
☒ Mariano Corona, Chairman
☐ Glynn Rutledge, Secretary-Treasurer
☒ Douglas Burnham, Supervisor
☒ Don Sellers, Jr., Supervisor
☒ Nicki Smith, Supervisor
III. Motion to approve the October 9, 2019 Board Minutes (Smith/Burnham) Unanimous. Motion passed.
IV. Motion to approve Financial Report- FY 20- to-date (Sellers/Burnham) Unanimous. Motion passed.
V. Staff Reports
1. OSWCD Program Updates- Ms. Audrey Kuipers gave program updates.
2. NRCS Program Updates- Mr. Howard Harrison gave program updates.
3. FDACS Program Updates- Ms. Kuipers gave program updates.
VI. Unfinished Business1. Motion to approve coordination with Okeechobee County Agri-Civic Center Director, Matt
Dorriety on a public use area (nature trail) (Sellers/Smith) Unanimous. Motion passed.
VII. New Business
1. Motion to approve the Okeechobee County Ag-venture Educator Grant application at $2,500.00
(Burnham/Sellers) Unanimous. Motion passed.
2. Executive Session-was called to review the Conservation Technician (Okeechobee) candidates.
Board gave consent for Ms. Kuipers to move forward to interviews with Raulie Raulerson, FDACSOAWP Environmental Manager. Performance reviews for the Program Manager and Assistant
were given. The Program Manager will receive a 6.8% one-time bonus and the Assistant will
receive a 6.2% one-time bonus.
VIII. Upcoming Events
1. January 7-9, 2020 |Okeechobee Count Ag-Venture | All Day
2. February 8-12, 2020 | NACD Annual Meeting | Las Vegas, NV
3. February 21, 2020 | Area Land Judging Contest | TBA
4. February 28, 2020 | IRL Envirothon | Vero
IX. Adjournment at 3:10pm