HENDRY SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
Post Office Box 248 LaBelle, Florida 33975
March 30, 2022
The Hendry Soil and Water Conservation District Meeting was called to order at 1:03 pm on March 30, 2022, by Chair Lisa Cleghorn. Meeting was held in the large conference room at the Dallas B. Townsend Agricultural Building at 1085 Pratt Blvd., LaBelle, Florida.
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Chair Lisa Cleghorn, Vice-Chairman Bruce Hendry, Supervisor Mabry McCray, Supervisor Arial Avila
BOARD MEMBERS ABSENT: Supervisor Charles Conly
OTHERS PRESENT: Noreen Berden HSWCD Program Manager, Bob Beck Hendry Drone Coordinator, Mitchell Aman DC USDA/NRCS LaBelle Field Office
CALL TO ORDER
- Motion to approve Minutes from February 24, 2022 (Hendry/McCray). Unanimous. Motion Passed.
- Motion to approve Financial Reports as presented (McCray/Hendry). Unanimous. Motion Passed.
III. Staff Reports.
- HSWCD Report -Noreen Berden gave report.
- NRCS Report -Bob Beck and Mitchell Aman gave report
- FDACS Report -No report available report.
IV. Old Business
- Noreen will get more information regarding how other Districts handle scholarship programs for the next meeting.
- NACD is giving additional money under the 2021 grant to keep the drone program in place.
- Motion to set aside funds to cover Drone Deploy software and a month’s salary for the drone staff in case there is a gap period in the future (Hendry/McCray) Unanimous. Motion passed.
- Noreen will get information and ideas for pollinator projects for the next meeting
- Discussion on Senate bill 1078 as it now stands
- New Business
- Miscellaneous/Upcoming Events-
- Area V Meeting
- AFCD Meeting-September
- Next Board meeting April with Supervisor availability
- Adjourn -Meeting adjourned 1:52 pm