Wednesday, December 8, 2021 1:00pm 200 NW 5th Street Conference Room, Okeechobee, FL 34972
Call to Order
Mariano Corona- Chairman-Present
Nicki Smith- Supervisor-Present
Donald Sellers, Jr.- Supervisor – Present
Douglas Burnham- Supervisor-Present
Glynn Rutledge- Treasurer-Present
I. Motion to approve November 11, 2021 Minutes (Sellers/Smith). Motion passed.
II. Motion to approve Financial Report (Sellers/Smith). Motion passed.
III. Staff Program Reports
1. NRCS was read by Robbi Sumner. Howard Harrison was in the field.
2. OSWCD was given by Robbi Sumner and Audrey Kuipers.
3. FDACS- No report
4. FSA- No report
IV. Unfinished Business
V. New Business
1. Motion to action against Senate Bill 1078 and House Bill 783 (Sellers/Burnham). Motion
passed. Action item: Staff directed to send letters of opposition out to every Legislature
on committees the Bills have been referred to. Also, Board members will assist in
getting constituent support.
2. SB 904 was discussed.
3. SB 1000 was discussed.
4. Land Judging Contest discussion on the amount of effort it takes to host the contest for
one team. Audrey Kuipers will discuss with Okeechobee FFA Advisor.
5. Motion to approve a program that will assist watermelon farmers with irrigation
management (Sellers/Smith). Motion passed. Action item: Audrey Kuipers will set up
meeting with Okeechobee grower, herself, and Supervisor Sellers.
VI. Upcoming Events
1. AFCD Workshop Briefing | December 15 or 16| TBA
2. Ag-Venture After Dark | January 5, 2022 | 5:30-8:00pm Ag-Venture | January 6-7, 2022
3. NACD Annual Meeting | February 12-16, 2022 | Orlando