Wednesday, October 12, 2022 1:00pm UF/IFAS Extension Conference Room
Supervisor Rutledge called the meeting to order at 1:09pm
Mariano Corona- Chairman-absent
Donald Sellers, Jr.- Supervisor-present
Douglas Burnham- Supervisor-present
Glynn Rutledge- Treasurer-present
I. Motion to approve September 14, 2022 Minutes (Sellers/Burnham). Motion passed.
II. Motion to file Financial Report for audit (Sellers/Burnham). Motion passed.
III. Staff Program Reports
1. Howard Harrison gave the NRCS report. Staff will be assisting LaBelle and Highlands field
offices. Emergency EQIP applications are being taken.
2. Robbi Sumner and Audrey Kuipers gave the OSWCD report.
3. Sheila Kitaif gave an update on her implementation verification visits for FDACS.
4. FSA-no report.
IV. Unfinished Business
1. Motion to approve the FY 22 Budget Amendments as presented (Burnham/Sellers). Motion
2. Motion to approve the FY 23 Operating Budget as presented on September 14 (Burnham/
Sellers). Motion passed.
V. New Business
1. Audrey Kuipers briefed the Board on her virtual interview with the Office of Program Policy
Analysis and Government Accountability. Full audit of SWCDs will begin after January.
2. Motion to approve the Okeechobee County Ag-venture Inc. grant application at $3,021.03
(Sellers/Burnham). Motion passed.
VI. Upcoming Events
1. November Board Meeting Canceled |Staff attending SECDEA Conference
2. Farm City Day| November 17
3. Veteran’s Day |Office Closed |November 11
4. Thanksgiving Day|Office Closed |November 24
5. December Board Meeting| December 14