- The Okeechobee Soil and Water Conservation District Poster Contest is open to Okeechobee County students (public, private or home educated) grades kindergarten through grade twelfth.
- ENTRY DEADLINE: TUESDAY, MARCH 1, 2022
- Any media may be used to create a flat or two-dimensional effect (paint, crayon, colored pencil, charcoal, stickers, paper or other materials on regular posters).
- Poster size must be between 8.5”x11” and 22”x28”.
- Posters should be packaged so they remain flat when submitted to OSWCD.
- All posters must be created by an individual student rather than a team of students.
- The theme: “Healthy Soil, Healthy Life” should be incorporated in the artwork.
- Each entry must have a signed entry form affixed to back of poster to be eligible for judging.
- Although younger students will most likely receive help in planning from parents or teachers, OSWCD encourages each student to do as much work as possible by him/herself Entries completed by students in their handwriting and coloring will score better than those designed, drawn and colored by adult assistance.
- Conservation message (50 percent)
- Visual effectiveness (30 percent)
- Originality (10 percent)
- Universal appeal (10 percent)
- Also taken into consideration, artwork on poster is that of participant (unless noted on entry form)
- Poster Grade Categories: K-1st; 2nd-3rd; 4th-6th; 7th-9th; 10th-12th
- 1st -$30; 2nd -$20; 3rd- $10 in each grade category
- Winners at local level with advance to the Area IV contest, with a chance of advancing to the state contest. Local winner names will be displayed at the Okeechobee County Fair.
Linked below is a PDF of the complete list of rules and the entry form.